Wine bottle cork

geri

Does anyone know where I can get one of those things that takes the air out of an opened bottle of wine, so that it keeps for longer. Typically how long does the wine keep with one of these things?
ta

Any good off licence should have one.

As for how long the wine lasts - well, to my shame I have to admit I have never tried for longer than 24 hours.

mf

You should pick them up in most home type stores or the wine aisles of most supermarkets, e.g., my local supervalu does them. must admit, Ive never gotten round to using the one I bought a few years ago. :) ~Hic~
See [broken link removed] for how long to keep open wine.

post crossed with mf. lol. there was that post went round a while ago about how to freeze left over wine in ice cube trays and then throw the cubes into casseroles and sauces and whatnot, but seriously, not finish a bottle wine? thatd be downright bad manners.

You can get the Vacuvin range from Stock or Mitchell's on Kildare St. if you're in Dublin. Alternatively, you can get the entire range from Amazon, but the shipping charges make this an expesive source for these.
Leo

Thanks guys,
Did try dunnes, but couldn't find them. Will try the offie.
Geri

I see Aldi are doing a special on them in the coming weeks. Three for €4.99, I think- its not on the website just yet, saw it in a pamphlet inserted in the RTE Christmas guide.

Back