Windscreen replacement-Cork

car03

Hi,

getting my windscreen replaced in the next 2 weeks. Its big enough to fail the nct which is also happening in a few weeks. Anybody know of any good but reasonable places in Cork (preferably city/subarbs). I've been quoted €180 but was hoping to get a little cheaper. I'm with Quinn Direct so insurance doesnt cover it.

Re: Windscreen Replacement

Are you sure it will fail the nct? might be worth sending it through first

you can also get stonechips repaired rather than replacing the whole windscreen? check the golden pages. there is a place near Ballyvolane shopping centre that does both.

Can't recall how much they charge but used Cork Windscreen Centre on Clarkes Bridge Tel 4273567 or 026 48121 (Macroom). They offer a call out service - you can't drive the car immediately after fitting so it might be worth considering getting it fitted at home in the evening or at work.

thanks for that. Think it will fail the nct alright with it. The crack goes nearly the whole length of the windscreen on the drivers side. Doesnt really get in my way but could be deemed as obscuring the drivers view. I know someone who failed the nct because she left something small in her back seat.

Might be hard to repair a crack that’s after traveling across the windscreen, sounds like a new windscreen is needed.

check you insurance, it might not effect your NCB.but im not sure

unfort its not covered in my insurance as i'm with Quinn Direct.

Would definately ring around everywhere. My opinion is that you might be better going outside the city. Places like Fermoy etc. If it's anything like buying a car the prices in the city can be extortionate

A crack that has travelled cannot be repaired so you're definitely talking about a new windscreen. For a repair to be succesful its needs to be a pretty fresh stonechip that hasn't started to travel

car03 said:
I know someone who failed the nct because she left something small in her back seat.

Was it 20 euro? 50 euro minimum on the back seat usually gets a pass.

With regards to the windescreen the key is to make sure when you are getting your qoute to tell them it's a non insurance job and cash in hand on the day. Insurance jobs cost more, and you'll get a better price as an individual.

I've found Allied Irish Windscreens great in the past, they are country wide and can come to your door.

ya I think i'll go for allied alright. Rang around most places and some people are quoting €265!!!

Back