Windows Media to MP3 file conversion

B

Bollicky

Hi there,

I have a new iRiver IHP120 mp3 player for Xmas. I have all my CDS burned onto Windows Media Player and have no idea as to to the most effecient transfer of all these files onto the MP3 player. Windows Media does not recognise the player and at this stage I'm ready to bounce it off the wall as I thought it would be a straight forward copy and paste of all the files on to the Mp3 player.
Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

B

If you mean WMA to MP3 then there are oodles of free and commercial solutions as illustrates. Something like might fit the bill (I think).

music manager

I would have thought the iRivers proprietory software music manager, available on iRivers download page, would have been the preferred method of exchanging songs with your player.
It seems theres a method to get the player to act as another drive too, have a look on the user forums on that site for instructions. Might be easier for you.

Re: music manager

Are you using Windows Media Player 10?

You should see the device directly in the "Sync" tab on the right site as the iRiver iHP-120 20GB does do WMA files.

If that does not work, here is a good product that allows you to use your iRiver in the windows explorer. They have a trial version:

[broken link removed]

It also does any needed audioconversion automaticly.

I love the karma version I have.

Back