WiMax

!RAY

I am with gaelic telecom for phone and broadband at the moment.WiMax has been launched , has anybody switched over?
Cheers
!RAY

I registered my details on their site last November and since then I have heard nothing. the fact that they were offering free line rental appealed to me at the time.

The free line rental is what appeals to me to ,i am going to ring them again .

We got a flyer in the door from them. It does not say 'what' it is, but it appears to be wireless broadband with a VOIP service. www.imagine.ie for details...

Don't suppose anyone has seen the rollout plan? - would definitely switch to this if it came my way - but will only happen after a hell of a lot of other areas are covered first. Still, if 15 new locations per month is real and not vapour-ware then thats good going...

all very well but has anybody here actually been connected up to this crowd and if you have, how do you find their service?, their website is a bit glossed over alot of marketing hype but with no concrete download speeds given..

How does this WiMax technology differ from the RF (radio frequency) technology offerings which have been around for the last five years or so?

Am I right when I say that it is a technology and not a brand name for some company or other?

3 Broadband have the national license to provide the service in rural areas. And it does happen -- not in all areas yet but apparently getting there.

Only been talking to them the other day and signed up. So provided the line test goes as planned next week or so I should be able to get up to or possibly more than 7mb download and free unlimited landline calls in Ireland and UK. Thats all costing €45 per month but compared to my current provider Ice Broadband, I'll be getting nearly 3 times the speed and hopefully 100% more reliability when it come to connection speed and phone connection.It always seems to be down and I spend my time ringing and mailing demanding money back each month. Surprisingly, it works....unlike anything else!!

Anyway, Imagine so far have been very helpful. So if it says what it does on the tin then I'll be a happy man and won't have to wait for videos to stream when they feel like it.

Will come back later in the month to let ya know how we get on. Oh ya, it's in the Drogheda if your reading from there.

Did anyone else sign up for the WIMAX Imagine service, yet? Can anyone share experience of broadband performance or service?

They compare their prices to Eircom but have a look at the charges here and when compared with other providers they are not so cheap:

[broken link removed]

7mb 35euro per month - I have 15mb with unlimited download with UPC for 25euro with basic TV package..

There are far better offers out there IMO

They compare their prices to Eircom but have a look at the charges here and when compared with other providers they are not so cheap:

[broken link removed]

7mb 35euro per month - I have 15mb with unlimited download with UPC for 25euro with basic TV package..

There are far better offers out there IMO

UPC coverage for boradband nationwide is awful

Back