Willy Wonka

Cahir said:
At least the new one doesn't have that awful song "Cheer up Charlie" - is there anyone who doesn't fast forward through that bit!!

Cahir, that's actually one of my favourite parts.

Would you believe I downloaded the song from the web about three months ago and have it on my MP3 player?

Sad but true.

Went to see it last night. Enjoyed it but thought that adults and older kids would probably enjoy it better than the younger ones.

Has anyone seen the Wonka bars for sale in any shops? Niece is going mad to get her hands on one and can't find any. I've tried a good few places in Dublin but no luck so far.

I was really looking forward to seeing this and did so on Sunday. However, I left feeling a bit disappointed. Visually it was great and Johnny Depp superb but the ending did not do it for me. Also I thought Tim Burton spent very little time on the parents of the other kids. They seemed to be more prominent in the original.

Went home and watched the original again on DVD and much preferred it. Better songs, far better oompah-loompahs, Wonka's soliloqoy on the boat, better ending... just better.

Ham Slicer said:
Cahir, that's actually one of my favourite parts.

Would you believe I downloaded the song from the web about three months ago and have it on my MP3 player?

Sad but true.

Really?? I hate it so much it's possibly my worst movie moment ever!!

The new oompa loompa mike teevee song was brilliant!

Back