Will there be a deluge of bankruptcy cases in ROI once legislation is enacted.

I think people are fixated on the UK as a solution and will need time to warm to the idea of going through the Irish system. There's a huge difference between hits/queries and actually going through the process. I wonder what the ratio of queries to actual cases which proceed is for ROI people in the UK. Maybe Steve could fill us in regarding his experience?
Personally I will be going through the Irish system and think there are far greater benefits to doing it here once the new legislation is enacted.

I think people are fixated on the UK as a solution and will need time to warm to the idea of going through the Irish system. There's a huge difference between hits/queries and actually going through the process. I wonder what the ratio of queries to actual cases which proceed is for ROI people in the UK. Maybe Steve could fill us in regarding his experience?
Personally I will be going through the Irish system and think there are far greater benefits to doing it here once the new legislation is enacted.

My enquiry to hit ratio is huge.

Even more now. The people I sit down and meet are either here in the UK or have decided they are already coming. It will drop off of course it will. But for those still determined to come here the main motivating factor is still time.In and out in a year, more flexible living terms, plus the possibility of an extra five years of payments under the irish system.

Steve Thatcher

Back