Will the Council Block the sale of house ?

Attride12

Hi All

I am in the process of buying a ex council house in a private sale from an owner that i will be living in and will be my primary residence but i own one previous house in the same town

I have just got a form from my solicitor called the Application for consent to the resale/transfer of a house

sold or leased by X county Council under section 90

of the Housing Act 1966 as amended by Section 14 of the

Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1997

I previously own one other house in the same town

Will i be blocked by the coucil to buy this house
I only realised there is a form that has been sent to the council that needs to give you consent to purchase an ex council house and think ill be rejected as i own another house in the town

Will i be rejected because im not a FTB and already own one previous house ?

Can you please advise thank you

See more here / here.

I'm not familiar with this one, but I don't believe your being an FTB or not is a concern. I suspect that the interest of the Council or Local Authority here is that the selling party or a dependent don't end up on their doorstep demanding accommodation, and that any conditions that applied to the original sale (clawback?) have been met. Your solicitor should be able to advise.

I'm not familiar with this one, but I don't believe your being an FTB or not is a concern. I suspect that the interest of the Council or Local Authority here is that the selling party or a dependent don't end up on their doorstep demanding accommodation, and that any conditions that applied to the original sale (clawback?) have been met. Your solicitor should be able to advise.
Thank you
From what i have read and (i also rang the council ) that because i am the owner of another property they will not give me consent as a purchaser even if it will me my PPR

Thank you
From what i have read and (i also rang the council ) that because i am the owner of another property they will not give me consent as a purchaser even if it will me my PPR
What does your solicitor say?

Back