will i qualify for planning permission

sherchar

Moved from Scotland 9 months ago. Living in a rural area in Donegal. Grandfather was born in the area. Have 2 children in the local school. Husband has just recently gained employment 20 mins from where we currently live (we stay 2 mins from site). Children were all baptised in Ireland before we came here to live. I have cousins living in the area too.

Could anyone tell me if I would be granted PP??

It depends where you are and what you want to build. You should arrange a preliminary meeting with a Planning Officer in the County Council offices and have a chat. That's the best way to begin any project where planning may be required.

thanks, the site in question had pre planning on it by the owner which was approved for the house tpye we want so I dont think there should be much bother that way its more a case of proving my 'roots' do you know much about this????

You don't necessarily have to have "roots" to get planning permission, it depends on specific restrictions in specific locations. Donegal County Council is probably one of the more lax planning authorities in the country.

Are there conditions re "roots" attached to the planning already granted on the site? (I assume you mean outline planning permission).

More on Donegal planning applications from [broken link removed]

Back