Will i get rent allowance? Getting worried

johnsammc

Hi all,

I was made unemployed 6 weeks ago.I get my social welfare money ok but i havent heard back about my rent allowance.I handed the relevant forms into my Community Welfare Officer 3 weeks ago along with a copy of my tenants agreement.My landlady filled in all the relevant sections.Im worried as its taking so long.My rent is 825 euros per month and i live alone.Im worried i wont qualify as the rent is high.Im only looking for help with it and not the full amount.I live alone as i suffer quite badly with sleeping properly and when ive shared before i was getting no sleep which really affected my health.

If anyone could give me any help with this id appreciate it.My Community Welfare Office is in Ashbourne.Ive been in Ireland for 12 years(scottish)and this is the first time ive been in this situation

John

You should contact the CWO to see if a decision has been made on your claim - as with other areas of Social Welfare, there's a backlog of applications for Supplementary Welfare Allowance at the moment.

The rent you're paying is above the maximum rent limits for a single person in the Co Meath area which is €115 per week. This may disqualify you from receiving Rent Supplement.

Back