Will I get JSA with my dh working?

Thnaks so much for the replies dh earning are €650 that is his gross take home pay after paye,prsi, pension and usc charges

What is his gross?

How much of each of the above deductions does he pay? Can't calculate Jobseekers entitlement without knowing this.

sorry will look now...
Gross €747.95
PAYE € 24.91
PRSI 23.08
USC2% 3.86
USC4% 4.60
USC7% 27.72
Pension 15.64

Nett Paye €648.14 Thanks so much

OK, here are calculations:

For JA claim only

Gross income for Jobseekers (gross minus PRSI/pensions) = 709.23
60 Euro disregard, & Balance Assessed at 60%
Assessed income = 389.53
Family Rate JA = 402.20
Difference = 12.67

So, you would get 12.67 per week if apply only for Jobseekers Allowance

If your other half applied for FIS, and you apply for Jobseekers, then calculation is as follows:

Assessed Income for Jobseekers as above = 389.53
Assessment is halved because wife on FIS = 194.76

Family rate for Jobseekers (without wife on claim, and 1/2 rate for children) = 232.70
Minus Assessed income of 194.76 = 37.94

Income for FIS (net income) = 648.14
Plus JObseekers of 37.94, gives family income of = 686.80
FIS Income limit with 3 children = 703
Difference of 16.92
Paid 60% of difference = 10.15
Because this is less than 20 Euro minimum payment is 20.00 Euro

So, you would get JA payment of 37.94, and she would get FIS payment of 20.00

There is another permeatation of this that i'd like to consider that might result in more of a payment, but i'm in a rush, i'll think about it and post on it tomorrow.

Ildananch thank you so much for breaking this down for me I apprecaite your help. I ahveb sent the forms in anyway for means test wonder how long it takes to hear back. Also how does my dh go about claiming FIS do we wait until we hear about my jsa?? Do they not take into consideration your outgoings at all when calcultaing your means test for JSA??

Outgoings are not taken into consideration for Jobseekers Allowance (or indeed most social welfare payments). Only deductions for Jobseekers Allowance are PRSI, union dues and pension contributions. For FIS, income tax and Universal Social Charge are also deducted.

Most outgoings are not deducted, they are entirely your responsibility from a social welfare point of view, although of course there are schemes there that deal with rent and mortgage interest. Rent and mortgage costs, and indeed travel to work are taken into account in some schemes, although not for Jobseekers Allowance or FIS.

You should wait until your Jobseekers Benefit exhausts before applying for FIS (you won't be eligible for FIS with your full JB claim as your income will be above the limits).

Once your JB exhausts (there may be a gap between it exhausting and your JA coming through), then your partner should apply for FIS. At this stage, you should also request that your pending Jobseekers Allowance claim be amended to take your partner off your claim (and also to have your JA assessed with half means) as she is now appying for FIS.

Ok we got a letter today from social welfare I am entitled to €25.20 Jobseekers Allowance!!!!
So is the next step getting Dh to apply for FIS will we even get it.... his average weekly wage is €680 a week after tax we have 3 kids....
If we dont get FIS... would I be better off financially not getting teh €25.20 and letting dh claim for me instead???

Back