Will CC company refund money for goods not received if they are lost in transit?

Herbie

Hi,

Does anyone know if a credit card company will refund money for goods not received if they are lost in transit?

I recently bought an item on ebay from the UK for 30 euro. The vendor posted it and can provide proof of postage. The item never arrived. I know that credit card companies will refund money for goods not received in certain situations (e.g. if a supplier goes into liquidation). Does this also apply to goods lost in the post?

I paid for the item through Paypal who will pay compensation in this instance. The Paypal compensation amounts to 1 euro - much less than the amount that Paypal would pay to UK paypal customers so a refund from the credit card company is a more attractive option for me....

Re: Is credit card company liable

Hi,

What if the item was posted by registered post or swiftpost, the seller should have a receipt that you can complain to the an post about or royal mail. If the seller used registered post then they should have declared a value in the package!

Jockey

Re: Is credit card company liable

Yeah, if the refund is requested within 30DAYS of not receiving the Goods/Services which the payment was made for.

Back