Will Avant move to covering switching costs?

Tommythecat

Hi

I am 2 years into a KBC 5 year fixed at 2.6% and now that Avant have added the ability to overpay I am very interested in the 7 year 1.95%. It looks like it would save me around 80 euro a month so it seems like a good move and it also gives me scope to overpay more than I was able to with KBC.
My break fee as of yesterday was 566 so not too bad at all. My only issue is having to cover the cost of the solicitor and valuation etc. I had read in another thread that apparently Avant will introduce this later in the year. I wonder if anyone has any more info on this and if it is true? I know that even if I pay that cost I will still be saving money in the long run but if they might be introducing this then I might just hold on a little longer.

Thanks

Garret

I would be surprised if they were to introduce that. The model is about keeping rates low and no gimmicks.

My break fee as of yesterday was 566 so not too bad at all.

Break fees rise and fall. Start the switching process asap and if Avant starts covering the cost of switching, then you may qualify for it by the time you switch.

Brendan

I would be surprised if they were to introduce that. The model is about keeping rates low and no gimmicks.

Break fees rise and fall. Start the switching process asap and if Avant starts covering the cost of switching, then you may qualify for it by the time you switch.

Brendan
Thanks Brendan. That is probably a good plan. I would just be kicking myself if I missed out on a cashback or other deal etc. Thanks

I came from AIB, not gonna go back. Besides, their cheapest fixed is 2.45% so it certainly wouldn't be a saving of 60 euro a month.

Well their cheapest fixed is actually 2.1%, but you've obviously satisfied yourself, you don't qualify for it (I cant read minds!). Why wouldn't you consider going back to AIB, service?

Back