Will AIB be refunding too???

S

sarah67890

I just saw on the news about Bank of Ireland refunding customers who lost money. Well i am with AIB and about 5 years ago i did a silly thing. I went to the bank and it was lashing rain so i put in the card did what i had to do checked my balance got a reciept and ran to get out of the rain only to relise literally 5 min later i left the card in the machine. So i ran back no sign went into the bank bawlin cryin it was my first weeks ages in my new job. So the women checked my account and it showed after i printed a receipt a large sum of money was takin!!!!!! now she said there was nothing they could do as there was NO CAMERAS!!!!!!!! i went to the guards and a report was done up but nothing was found because the bank had no cameras!!!!
About a month later the same bank got bank robbed and they could not identify the robbers because they had no cameras literally 2 weeks later guess what was installed!!!!!!!
Seeing what Bank of Ireland has done does that give us bankers from AIB and other banks the right to have the same thing done for us???

In the BOI case, people walked away without taking their money, in such circunstances, the ATM will take back the money after a number of seconds (which happened), and the account should be credited back (which didn't happen)

In your case it was your own fault for leaving the card in the machine and AIB has no liability to you. The issue of cameras is irrelevant.

It appears what happened in your case was that someone came after you and the machine was still asking 'Do you want another service' so the person clicked yes and took out money from your account. The bank are not liable for this as the culprit is not them. The only mention of cameras was that they could at least hand the tape to the guards so they could identify the culprit. The chances of getting your money back from the culprit even if prosecuted would be very slim also.

Back