Widescreen TV problem.

R

ricky

I have a Philips 28' widescreen ~4yr old which latetly has started to give problems.After about 1 hr of operation the screen looses the picture and reappears continually as if it was being powered on/off.If left overnight it returns to normal next day until it is on for about 1hr again.
I have disconnected the cable/video but the same thing happens to the 'fuzzy' picture.
Any ideas?

thx

Sounds like a dodgy contact somewhere which is reacting to overheating. Visit your local TV repair shop and describe the behaviour to them. They'll tell you if they can fix it or not.

they are a sub-standard piece of junk.
i have the 32'' version of the same telly 32pw9005 and its latest trick is to behave exactly as you describe - flicking on and off.

previous issues

tv constantly changes to ext1
volume goes up full automatically unless you leave the menu s on

buttons on top for volume dont work. instead they operate the meues.

all these issues started about a week after the 1 year warranty expired
the repair guy in power city (i didnt buy it from them) said they all give trouble and said it would cost about 200? to fix
up until now ive resisted getting it fixed as anywhere ive rang up want it brought in and the b***dy thing weighs a ton and youd need a van to shift it.

what annoys me most is that it is the dearest telly ive ever had @ £700 and its been a total pain . all the cheap noname
portables we have in the bedrooms seem to go on forever

Philips TV widescreen problem

I can relate also to the problem with the 32'' inch widescreen especially on the part no. 32W6005
apparently they were made with sub standard parts and what is causing the T.V to lose the image is a defective "painter IC card" that would cost about £200 to replace. Unfortunately all these T.V's come with only a 1 year warranty and my T.V started to act erratically 6 months after warranty expired .

Small Claims Court

Warranties are offered by the manufacturer in addition to your statutory rights. Your contract is with the merchant who sold you the TV. It's not sufficient for them to claim that the warranty has expired, and that's that. For those of you with newer TVs - does it seem [broken link removed] for a €700 TV to require repair after less than 24 months of normal use?

It might be worth bringing a t case against them

Re: Small Claims Court

in my case the retailer is gone bust. however, i rang philips today and they put me on to a repair centre who say that phlips may part pay the bill between 20-50%. ill post the outcome here when i get it sorted

Philips T.V

I would be very interested to find out how you get on.
Between myself and other family members we have 3 bogus philip widescreen and flatscreen T.V's .
Could you post the number that you rang for the philips repair centre.?

faulty filips

Bought a dell computer about 3 years ago. Came with a 17'' inch screen. After about 18 months screen started playing up. Got on to dell- 18 months- screen out of warranty - didn't want to know. Had a look at back - made by ( or for )Phillips in Hungary. Dell logo on front. had to buy new screen , no problems since. I know its not a widescreen tv but I would now be wary of Phillips tv's etc.

philips tv's

Tesco's are advertising philips (2) 28 inch wide screen tv's are the moment
No. 1 part No. 8006 @ 380 euro
No. 2 part No. 8516 @ 450 euro
I think the stand is an extra 80 euro.
Anybody any opinion on these particular models
Thanks

repair centre

hi digger, i dont have the philips number but the repair centre they referred me to was
gmtv
1 Castle cres Monastry rd, C'dalkin, 22
(01) 4572613
i havent gotten it fixed yet
i spoke to a woman there who indicated that they would approach philips for me with regard to chipping in for the repair bill

repair centre

hi eamonn66,

Just wondered did your tv getted fixed and did philips cough up for any of the cost??

My tv has started to act up on me again as it had stopped flicking for the past month but is back to causing problems again.. damn thing..will have to shift it or get it sorted eitherway !

tv

not yet, the required combination of friend with a van and a free saturday afternoon have not happened yet

Back