Why would anyone kidnap a penguin?

I can't believe how racist this forum is getting. Just because the penguin is black people think he is here to steal our jobs and our 'native' birds.

Me neither. It's the inconsistency and hypocrasy on this forum. It's fine for same sex couples to adopt, even though nature, like Ulster, says NO. But when we have an illegal immigrant (since when a penguins native?) enjoying the benefit of all our tax dollars in a nice little haven in Pheonix Park (wish I could afford to live in and around the park) who then arranges with their mates to make a bid for freedom, no doubt to take our jobs and start impregnating all our native seabirds, we suddenly are all in favour of the poor little penguin. He should be on the first boat back to Antartica in my opinion.

Maybe it was trying to give Tom Creen his glove back?

Last night's RTE 6-1 newsreader read out the headline thus " ...someone tried to p-p-pick up a penguin...". I have several serious issues with this (seriously:()

1) The national broadcaster was definitely making light of the affair, treating it as a joke

2) It was mocking of those with a speech impediment

3) The licence fee is high enuff without giving free advertising

:mad:

...who did it should spend a week in the hippo enclosure, just to see what a good fun is.

I often think the problem with the justice system isn't that sentencing is too light but that it lacks imagination. I think we need more suggestions like this.

Good idea.

My suggestion would be six months as a roadie for Crystal Swing

My suggestion would be six months as a roadie for Crystal Swing

That's taking things too far. Dermot Ahern would be in front of the Hague if he brought that in. I think the constantly worrying about amorous Hippos is more than adequate, that and the offenders and their family will never be housed in Wicklow unless they're like mobs and large open fires.

Matt Cooper - "So they took her away in a taxi! What was the taxi driver thinking I wonder?
Reporter - "Well Matt, a fare's a fare.
Apparently they told the taxi driver it was a rabbit.

You are all fools! You've been duped. Have none of you seen the Penguins in the film Madagascar?
The devious animal escaped.

Back