Why would anyone kidnap a penguin?

Think its known in Ireland as "a bit o craic".

I'm guessing that drink may have been involved too.

Thankfully it all turned out well.

When I saw the thread title I thought it was about some new life-coaching book.
Drink had to be involved.

I remember once seeing a bunch of lads throwing a penguin into the lions' enclosure in Dublin Zoo. Horrific.

Fortunately, they were unable to get the wrapper off.

Maybe it was a prison break. Run penguin run.

"Gardaí are now hunting for the men involved"

Disgusting bloodsport, and sexist too!

I'm guessing that drink may have been involved too.

Thats a terrible statement to make, as far as I know the Gardaí did say that the penguin wobbled a bit, but when breathalised,they confirmed that alcohol consumption was not an issue.

"The penguin was found on Rutland Street and was taken back to the zoo by gardaí from Store Street"

Was she cuffed in the back of the squad car? Can you imagine the radio dispatcher putting that request out " Eh, lads, anyone seein' a penguin in vicinity of Rutland St, 2 ft high, black and white, answers to the name of Kelli...."

The mind boggles...

Can you imagine the conversation between the offenders/liberators when they decided that this is what they were gonna do ? :D

Matt Cooper - "So they took her away in a taxi! What was the taxi driver thinking I wonder?
Reporter - "Well Matt, a fare's a fare.

I don't think it's funny really.

Me neither. It's the inconsistency and hypocrasy on this forum. It's fine for same sex couples to adopt, even though nature, like Ulster, says NO. But when we have an illegal immigrant (since when a penguins native?) enjoying the benefit of all our tax dollars in a nice little haven in Pheonix Park (wish I could afford to live in and around the park) who then arranges with their mates to make a bid for freedom, no doubt to take our jobs and start impregnating all our native seabirds, we suddenly are all in favour of the poor little penguin. He should be on the first boat back to Antartica in my opinion.

Back