Why is VRT not shown on the FORD website for new cars??

NOAH

I went to the new flashy FORD IE website and took the option to build my vehicle and get a Price but when I got to SUMMARY there was a symbol like a cross and on scrolling down it said, price excludes VRT and I could not even see the amount of VRT that would be payable. Car was €28781.00.

Is this legal and what if the reason for it?

I checked on VW and they should VRT quite clearly.

Are you sure you didn't misread it?

The symbol with the line includes VRT. I think they show a base price, excluding VRT, but the total shown includes VRT.

• [†]
    This is the recommended retail price for the model shown excludes; Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT), optional extras, promotions, delivery and dealer related charges. VRT is applied to both entity and options in the total price and summary.
  • [‡]
    This is the recommended retail price for the model shown includes Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT), excludes optional extras, promotions, delivery and dealer related charges. VRT is applied to both entity and options in the total price and summary.

I tried again with Puma and I get this, no indication of ex VRT and I get this

"This is the recommended retail price for the model shown excludes; Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT), optional extras, promotions, delivery and dealer related charges. VRT is applied to both entity and options in the total price and summary. "

I think the footnote has been applied incorrectly.

Thanks for clarification.

Looks like the 'base price' description getting mixed up with the final. I think there are 2 prices shown on the Ford site?

I took a closer look and what actually happens is there is a price breakdown and then a total price, which includes VRT. There is a little arrow at the side of total price and that opens another menu. It adds in the VRT but does not show the actual calculation ie the %age used. Here is the example. If you add up the totals it will not equal €30789. VRT is omitted as a total but is added.

PRICE SUMMARY

• BASE PRICE€24,431.80
  • CONFIGURED OPTIONS
    • 1.0L Ford EcoBoost 125PS 7 Speed Automatic
    • Fantastic Red€838.13
    • Ebony Cloth€0
    • B&O Premium Audio System + Ford SYNC 3 Navigation€377.16
    • CONFIGURED OPTIONS€1,215.29
  • TOTAL PRICE€30,789.57‡

Back