Why is petrol still above €1 per litre ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger

Hi,

Happy new year to all.

Has anybody noticed or care that a litre of petrol is still above €1 /litre in some garages. I came across on that was charging 1.12 per litre(scandalous). Why are people accepting this considering the price of a barrell of oil has tumbled from $78.40 per barrell in Augustto just under $57. Coupled with the strength of the Eur/Usd exchange rate(international oil paid for in USD) . Garages are very quick to pass on increases but seem to be VERY slow to reduce prices. Surely the price per litre should be under .90c. Does anybody care ? The Govt certainly doesn't. They are creaming extra in vat . When will people cop on and start to complain ?

Tried to post this in Letting off Steam wouldn't let me. This is the 3rd time writing. Evertme I go to submit it's telling me I'm not logged in.

ranger

Yes i Agree,Garages qucik to add on the price but slow to reduce..Tesco in Killarney is at 98cent which is the best ive seen!

You cannot post in Letting off Steam until you have made at least 50 posts and have been a member for at least 30 days.

You'll have to wait I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back