Why does national lottery need copy of ID for playing online?

Petal

I'm quite happy that one can finally play online, so I decided to sign up and in the end you get to a page where it says you have to send a copy of your passport or drivers license to them before your account can be activated. I'm just a bit confused why they need photo ID? Any ideas?

Mind you, what's to stop an enterprising teenager using Dad's ID???....

However, I suppose it does mean that The National Lottery can say that they did their bit to protect people who are underage...

Darth...

some countries don't allow online gambling for their citizens so I guess if an american ( i think america is one of the countries) won the lotto by playing online then they wouldnt be able to claim the prize

Most sites just have a 'thingy' where you click a box to state that you are 18+
You can't claim a National Lottery prize unless your 18+ anyway, so I don't really see the point in it.

I love the way they let you go through the full registration process including giving your credit card details and at the very end they tell you to send in photo id. There is no mention of photo id anywhere else on the site. Sucks big time.

You can't claim a National Lottery prize unless your 18+ anyway, so I don't really see the point in it.

Yeah you're right there. If junior won the lotto jackpot, I suppose their parents would kick the stuffing out of them and tear up the ticket just to teach them a lesson. An Irish answer to an Irish problem !!:D

Am I right in thinking if you buy a lotto ticket in a shop and win big, say the jackpot, the shop that sells you the ticket gets a 'sellers reward' in cash right?
So If I play online who gets the reward?

yeah you're right there. If junior won the lotto jackpot, i suppose their parents would kick the stuffing out of them and tear up the ticket just to teach them a lesson. An irish answer to an irish problem !!:d
:p

Back