Why do people bring books to the toilet......

Sunny

Especially in work. Just ran into a colleague coming out of the bathroom with a book under his arm. Why would you want to linger in a bathroom? Hardly the most relaxing place......

Especially in work. Just ran into a colleague coming out of the bathroom with a book under his arm. Why would you want to linger in a bathroom? Hardly the most relaxing place......

Probably to get away from some of the busybodies in the office.

Nobody is going to bother you in there?

Probably to get away from some of the busybodies in the office.

Plenty of places you can go for a bit of peace. Don't understand why people want to sit on the toilet for longer than they have to reading away. Especially don't undertstand people who bring the office newspaper with them.

Plenty of places you can go for a bit of peace. Don't understand why people want to sit on the toilet for longer than they have to reading away. Especially don't undertstand people who bring the office newspaper with them.

As they are your colleagues why not ask them?
They might give you an honest answer.

It takes some people longer than others to answer to the call of nature.

No one is going to disturb you in there.

It can help relax the body and get the process going.

I used to do it, but I stopped in my teens, not sure why really........

The Case For:- It's Cheltenham Week or Punchestown Week or Aintree Week . . . you're being screwed by Income Tax, USC, Pension Levys, Water Rates, etc, your family are on your case and nowhere can you find peace. What better place than your own confined sanctuary to peace to pick out your winning horses?

In my organisation if you were met by the boss coming out of the toilet with a book under your arm you'd be fired on the spot.

In the army taking that long to take a dump would mean almost certain capture by the enemy.

Back