Why do infants finish at 2 o clock

Cheestrings are not processed food they are natural cheese and so are a good snack for kids! Processed cheese slices on the other hand would not be as good a choice.

I thought cheese strings were ok too but I was told they contain very high levels of salt therefore unsuitable for children.

I thought cheese strings were ok too but I was told they contain very high levels of salt therefore unsuitable for children.

As do most of the pre packed mini lunches one can buy for kids to take to school.

Ours haven't been to primary in a long time but when they were, the school banned all fizzy drinks, sweets and crisps. Parents were notified that if the child had these in their lunch box they would be confiscated. Basically, the message was that if you don't want your child to go hungry, provide a nutritious lunch!

The school also provided a facility, for a nominal fee, whereby younger children would be kept until older children finished school. The money went directly to the teachers who took it in turn to stay behind.

Cheestrings are not processed food they are natural cheese and so are a good snack for kids! Processed cheese slices on the other hand would not be as good a choice.

Of course they are processed, have a read of the ingredients. awful things, give your child a slice of cheddar.

By the way ...Teachers are allowed 3 personal days a year if they undertake a summer course. A sub is santioned for this so unless your school is incompetent in gettng a replacement your child should have a teacher for that day...or at least be sent in groups to other classes...[/quote]

This is not a question of incompetence.
The Department of Education does not pay for a sub, they expect that the children will be shared out among the other teachers!

Ask any primary school teacher who has taught infants or first class what the energy levels of the children are like after lunch and you'll find your answer.
School and the education system aim to work towards best meeting the needs of the child, not the convenience of the parents.

Please note that a teacher's day does not end at 2 O' clock or 3 o' clock as you may think. Teachers spend many hours preparing, planning, organising and doing paperwork after the teaching day. Just because the bell goes at a specific time that does not mean the end of the day for teachers (far from it).

Ask any primary school teacher who has taught infants or first class what the energy levels of the children are like after lunch and you'll find your answer.

that being, that lunchtime is too short and a proper sit-down meal would be preferrable.

Pavlov and Sunlife, I don't think anyone was particularly getting at teachers or saying that they stopped working when the bell rings. The extended lunch in particular would be of benefit to teachers, working all day on a 15 minute break is no joke. I'd be happy enough for an extended lunch which doesn't affect the finishing time. I work pretty much teachers hours (but year round) often without a lunch break and find the days when I don't take a break or eat a sandwich at my desk while working, I get a real afternoon slump. I feel less tired if I work a full day with a proper lunch break. I can tell how much of a lunch my kids have eaten by their mood when they come home from school.

Back