Why did you vote FF?

What is the 'rule' on this?

Is there not at least one sitting TD that has served a term in prison?

Robbing trains (Nicky Kelly ran for labour) or being a terrorist (most of SF) is OK but being bankrupt is not.

Nicky Kelly is not a T.D.

The bankruptcy issue is pretty clear it is a straightforward disqualification from being a T.D. It's in the Electoral Acts rather than the Constitution.

I reckon she could settle the amount for less and borrow it over time or sell up something, Daddy has a few bob too so don't hold ur breath. Ahern really only needs the vote to get in then he can balance it depending on the vote and the issue, there is rarely a desire amongst independents for early elections

A Nigerian told me recently that, despite large oil revenues, the most basic services continue to deteriorate or are not provided at all.
......sorry, never finished rant.
Nigeria has a military/civilian elite that,increasingly, run the country for the benefit of themselves and their friends.
Mention of Nicky Kelly has given me an idea.Bertie could arrange to have the Gardai torture confessions of criminality out of the required number of non-FF TDs and form a FF majority government.It won't harm our democracy as they could give them pardons in five years time and introduce legislation which, of course, would ensure it would never happen again.

Robbing trains (Nicky Kelly ran for labour)
Wasn't Nicky's conviction for the train job overturned when news of the judge's regular naps during the trial leaked out? [And please don't mention his more recent convictions for driving offences]

With reference to the original post - I voted for everybody in my constituency. All 13 of them. Starting at the bottom and working up. Obviously FF got a preference along the way. Do I have to explain why?

Please do. I presume then you voted for the nutcases on the anti-immigration and christian coalition platforms as well? Bizarre.

Back