Why can't you buy multiple bottles of water in Dunnes

CKT

I was in Dunnes stores at the checkout and the man before me started to get annoyed at the checkout girl, he then left his 6-8 bottles of water behind and walked away.

I asked the girl why she wouldnt let him buy them and she said it was store policy and she didnt know why, she said it was the same with bread?

Does anyone know why?

It's being bugging me all week

supermarkets sell some products below cost, and will put a limit on how many you can buy

Maybe they do not want to sell in bulk as their supply's will run out quickly. This person may have being purchasing for a restaurant etc. The same reason probably with the bread.

I has the same with two tins of baby milk, just but the other through as a separate transaction. He should have done the same with his water.

In many cases other smaller retailers purchase goods from Dunnes for resale. This what they are trying to eradicate.

I know in Kerry that Aldi and Lidl are cheaper than the local Cash and Carry for many items. B&Bs and small country shops stock up at the the German discount stores. Lidl in Dingle have a sign saying that they do not allow bulk purchases. (the sign is in English so I assume the Bean an Tí's are ok!)

I know in Kerry that Aldi and Lidl are cheaper than the local Cash and Carry for many items. B&Bs and small country shops stock up at the the German discount stores. Lidl in Dingle have a sign saying that they do not allow bulk purchases. (the sign is in English so I assume the Bean an Tí's are ok!)

But Lidl have packs of eight 1.5 litre water for sale in all of their stores at around 37c a pop. Can't understand the Dunnes Stores attitude of restricting this purchase. Maybe they are preparing themselves for Asda and we can all slap ourselves in the bum when we get a good deal!

I have never seen Lidl or aldi enforce that rule. I often see people buying tons of bread, milk, sugar etc and not a word is said.

Ive never seen them enforce the rule either .. but the signs are very prominent in Dingle as opposed to Tralee and Killarney where I havent even seen such a sign.

Back