"Why can't I post?"

Brendan Burgess

Founder
If you are having a problem posting on Askaboutmoney, please be very specific or else we can't help you.

Answer the following questions in your post.
Are you usually able to post?
What forum are you trying to post in?
Are you replying to a post or creating a new thread?
If replying to a post, please provide a link to the thread you are replying to.
Are you trying to put in a link or anything else other than normal content in your post?
What exact error message are you getting?

If this is your first post on askaboutmoney, have you clicked on the link in the verification email?
When you registered you were sent an email containing a link which you must click on.

If you did not get the verification email, it means that your email service provider has blocked the email at source. Hotmail is the biggest source of this problem. You will need to register with a different provider e.g. Gmail.

What forum are you trying to post in?
Posting is restricted to Frequent Posters in some forums:
Letting Off Steam
Shooting the Breeze

Until you have 50 posts, you won't be able to post in these forums.

Are you replying to a post or creating a new thread?
As an anti-spam measure, new users are not allowed to put links in posts.
Likewise, you cannot quote a post with a link in it.

If you hit
1625214876031.png
in a post, you will be quoting that post and this might cause problems

So go to the end of the thread and just write your reply in the box and hit Post Reply
1625214934028.png

This replies to the thread without quoting any potentially problematic items.

What exact error message are you getting?
Please reproduce the exact wording of the message you are getting.

Last edited:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I have posted once before.
I'm trying to post in: https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/state-savings-have-no-online-facility.223433/
I get the following error message: Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.
I am trying to insert a link which shows that you can now register for State Savings online. I'm trying to help people!

Hi imI'trying to ask a question a new question on household package and i cant post it .please help

You must register to post.

You might have to get a friend to help you if you don't understand this.

Brendan

Hi I see the message "Your account is currently awaiting confirmation. Confirmation was sent to xxxxx" in certain forums where I can't post. However when I click to resend the activation email it never arrives - I've tried with 2 different email accounts and it nerver arrived to either (and I double checked spam and junk). Any ideas why it mightn't be arriving?

Hi

1) Are you saying that you can post in some forums ok but when you try to post in other forums you get a request to confirm? If so, can you give me an example of which forum you can post in and which you can't.
2) You last posted in August 2021. Did you change your email address since then?
I've tried with 2 different email accounts

You can only have one email account? And the confirmation is going to that one.

Brendan

Hi

1) Are you saying that you can post in some forums ok but when you try to post in other forums you get a request to confirm? If so, can you give me an example of which forum you can post in and which you can't.
2) You last posted in August 2021. Did you change your email address since then?

You can only have one email account? And the confirmation is going to that one.

Brendan
I only have 1 email acvount. I tried with 1 email account but the email never arrived so I edited my email account on my profile to another account and tried again and still nothing arrived. I wanted to rule out it being a problem with my original email account

I had to change my email around summer time 2021 as my old email provider ceased to exist, As far as I remember I haven't been able to reply or start a new thread anywhere since and when I click to resend the activation email it never arrives. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's holding onto my old defunct email address somewhere in the background and sending the activation email there as its most definitely not sending it to my amended email address

in certain forums where I can't post.

So you can't post in any forums other than this one which has special rules? It wastes a lot of our time with inaccurate comments like this.

The system sends out confirmation emails. If you don't get them, it's because they are being stopped by your server at server level. Hotmail and some other email servers flag such emails as spam and you never see them.

So you will have to register again from a different email address.

Brendan

So you can't post in any forums other than this one which has special rules? It wastes a lot of our time with inaccurate comments like this.

The system sends out confirmation emails. If you don't get them, it's because they are being stopped by your server at server level. Hotmail and some other email servers flag such emails as spam and you never see them.

So you will have to register again from a different email address.

Brendan

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately settle down - I haven't tried to post here in ages so I said certain forums as I had no idea if it applied to all forums. I clarified in my follow up message that I can't seem to post anywhere apart from this forum - but the main point was that the activation email this site was meant to send never arrived. I realise I may not have included the exact specific details in my original message and you are tying to help but your style of answering and asking follow up questions is very confrontational.

If the emails sent to me are being blocked as a server level then you'd better tell everyone else on this site as its an @outlook.com email address I'm using not some obscure or company specific address so therefore Microsoft must be flagging all emails from this site as spam or maybe there is an issue with this site when you change the email address associated with your profile.

I'm going to try to reregister with the same email - if it works I'll reply here then it will as its clearly an issue with this site when you change the email address associated with your profile.

So that is confrontational. Try www.therethere.com they might be nicer.
Hilarious - maybe you should try http://www.MicrosoftIsClassingEmailsFromMySIteAsSpam.com (www.MicrosoftIsClassingEmailsFromMySIteAsSpam.com).

Re-registered with the same address - no activation email arrived - not in the inbox, junk or spam folders. Outlook appears to be classing emails from this site as spam and blocking them at server level. Was pretty obvious from my first message the issue was that the activation email wasn't arriving but anyways mystery solved - no one with an outlook.com email address can post when they register here seeing as the activation email never arrives. No thanks necessary the sarcasm will do instead

Back