Who offers the best FX conversion commission rate for large amounts?

Blackrock1

This would be for business transfers, usd coming in to convert to USD. We have been offered 50bps which seems not bad but wondering if anyone has seen better.

Do a search for threads mentioning the links of XE, CurrencyFair, TransferMate etc. It's been discussed many times before.

I get 0.30% off mid market +€15 fee with AIB on EUR/GBP. It's programmed into the online platform so I just transfer as normal.

Simply ask for a call from their currency trading team and if decent volume, (I'm circa £1m stg per year) they'll do a good deal.

I'd assume that the same applies to boi.

I get 0.30% off mid market +€15 fee with AIB on EUR/GBP. It's programmed into the online platform so I just transfer as normal.

Simply ask for a call from their currency trading team and if decent volume, (I'm circa £1m stg per year) they'll do a good deal.

I'd assume that the same applies to boi.
thanks, transfer mate charge 20 bps which is good.
Have spoken to ebury in a past life, i might give them a shout as well,

thanks folks

0.3% of a big number is still a big number!
yes, but my number is not a big number, and I was given that rate without too much effort. If someone is dealing in millions, they probably would get a better rate.

Effectively what I'm saying is to include your current bank in the list of places to get a quote from especially if its multiple payments during the month.

Is 1 million GBP in a year not big for a personal customer?

I would've thought that it is huge
OP says they are a business customer doing transfers - so I assume its regular transactions during the year.

For one off transactions, simply find the best possible rate. However for me its easier and less time consuming to use my standard online banking for doing transfers every couple of weeks at a very good rate. Yep, I could probably get a little better, but the ease of doing it is worth a little premium

OP says they are a business customer doing transfers - so I assume its regular transactions during the year.

For one off transactions, simply find the best possible rate. However for me its easier and less time consuming to use my standard online banking for doing transfers every couple of weeks at a very good rate. Yep, I could probably get a little better, but the ease of doing it is worth a little premium
yes business, and itll be a highish 7 figure amount. thanks for the info!

Been using wise previously known as transfer wise.

Mid market fx rate plus a reasonable charge. Fast and efficent. Check them out I'd say they're near market leaders.

Been using wise previously known as transfer wise.

Mid market fx rate plus a reasonable charge. Fast and efficent. Check them out I'd say they're near market leaders.
Thanks had a look at them, they appear to charge mid market plus a fee of 29bps, on that basis the BOI deal is better but thanks for the head up.

I previously used World First for international transfers, found them to offer a better rate than Wise and banks.

Thanks had a look at them, they appear to charge mid market plus a fee of 29bps, on that basis the BOI deal is better but thanks for the head up.
I'm very surprised BoI are competitive with Wise. I would never in my wildest imagination have thought BoI or any of the retails banks would be even close to competitive. Interesting.

I'm very surprised BoI are competitive with Wise. I would never in my wildest imagination have thought BoI or any of the retails banks would be even close to competitive. Interesting.
Yes me too to be honest, but we are talking about a substantial amount of money over the next 3-4 years so perhaps that is a factor

Back