Who is the cheapest .com and .ie domain name registrars?

ivorystraws

Hi,

I have a number of domain names which are due for renewal and also some that I would like to register. I'm currently with Netfirms and iPower as they were the best value for money at the time and I had no probllems with them to date.
Can someone please suggest the cheapest domain registrar for .com and .ie domain names? I realise that ICANN and IEDR have their own TLD list but it's quite the exhaustive list. As far as I can tell, Letshost are currently the cheapest for .ie domain names (but I'm open to correction).

Also, since I have a large number of domains to register, is there any discount for such a registration?
All opinions, suggestions or pointers are welcome, thanks!

Digiweb domains are 29.99... before VAT which makes them 36.44 after VAT.

Yes, letshost.ie "guarantee lowest prices" for .ie from €19.99 +VAT which amounts to 24.30. I have been with them for many years now. I can not compare to other providers as I have no other experience but I am satisfied with letshost for ie domains and for hosting.

For .com I am with godaddy for convenience. I came across free .com offers and free hosting but prefer to pay 5 to 10 euro and be sure I have a fallback if something goes wrong.

BTW why are IE domains so expensive? Are our DNS made of pure gold?

digiweb €6.99 for .com
€29.99 for .ie

Right, well that's over $10.22 for digiweb for a .com (so it's one of the most expensive .com registrars mentioned) and €10 more expensive than Letshost for a .ie.

This thread is not helpful so I'll just pick up a valid promotional coupon for netfirms again and get a .com for $5.95 (just over €4)!

A promo code for netfirms, namecheap, godaddy, etc, is your best bet on the .com front for very cheap domains.

As for .ie, letshost are the cheapest, and guarantee they always will be...

If you're looking for hosting aswell as registration which I am at the moment, I see that hostmyireland.com are offering a package of .ie registration and host for one year for 35 euro, i think that includes VAT. That is pretty good, anyone any experience of them,good or bad?

thinking of going with that.

It's shame they are hosted in Dallas rather than Dublin (meaning that sites will be 5 times slower to access than one with a local host).

If you're looking for hosting aswell as registration which I am at the moment, I see that hostmyireland.com are offering a package of .ie registration and host for one year for 35 euro, i think that includes VAT. That is pretty good, anyone any experience of them,good or bad?

thinking of going with that.

No, I don't need any hosting currently as I already have that. I pay approximately 30 euro to have 10 relatively small sites hosted annually so that's perfectly fine for my needs.

Any recommendations for good promo codes that actually work... I've tried a few but no go...

I have my domain name and hosting with Blacknight.com. They are a company based here in Carlow. I have no connection with this company just found their support service very helpful and prices are the cheapest around.

Blacknight are one of the most expensive for domains in Ireland, and certainly generally - they charge $13.20 for .com domains, for example.

What's that supposed to mean?

I've not said anything untrue in these posts and I resent any implication otherwise.

I've no axe to grind and no conflict of interest to declare.

Sounds like desperation from Blacknight in denial of the simple facts.

You are not the cheapest ( even locally) for .ie or com which is what the OP was looking for.

What's that supposed to mean?

I've not said anything untrue in these posts and I resent any implication otherwise.

I've no axe to grind and no conflict of interest to declare.

Sounds like desperation from Blacknight in denial of the simple facts.

You are not the cheapest ( even locally) for .ie or com which is what the OP was looking for.

You posted that we are one of the most expensive - which is not true, but typical of the kind of tactics you like to employ.

Honestly Michele. Your just sounding paranoid. Why would I need to employ 'tactics'? I don't compete with you in any way.

Emerb said you were the cheapest around. That's not true either as self evident in this thread.

Blacknight offer great service but cheap you are not. The op's question was solely on price.

Honestly Michele. Your just sounding paranoid. Why would I need to employ 'tactics'? I don't compete with you in any way.

Emerb said you were the cheapest around. That's not true either as self evident in this thread.

Blacknight offer great service but cheap you are not. The op's question was solely on price.
You know people can scroll up?

You posted: "Blacknight are one of the most expensive for domains in Ireland, and certainly generally"

Which is blatantly untrue

We are not one of the cheapest, but we are definitely not one of the most expensive

That's no paranoia - it's a statement of the facts

Yet you pull me up and not emerb ? Who souls be paranoid now ?! ;)
really Michele. Take a deep breath or the mods will just lock this pointless off topic-ness.

I think you've sufficiently defended your honour and affirmed that Blacknight are not the cheapest option for either tld requested by the op.

First figure is .ie, second is .com (this is just a selection of the largest registrars)
Register365 - €24.95 - €7.95
Digiweb - €29.99 - €6.99
Novara* - €69.99 - €14.99
Host(ing)Ireland - €49.85 - €9.95
LetsHost - €19.99 - €6.49
Blacknight - €24.95 - €8.95

* Novara are owned by Digiweb

So to answer the original question, LetsHost are the cheapest for both .ie and .com, but unlike what boskonay stated, Blacknight are not one of the expensive for .ie (2nd cheapest) or .com (about average)

The reason why .ie domains are more expensive, which was asked before the handbags were produced, is that it's a manual process.

Back