Who is a Chargeable Person - definition

thanks you for sending that out, I wish I could understand it :)

I simply want to know from this guideline if myself/wife can move off the whole individual Form 11 thing. We are PAYE salaries with total 17k joint rental income above our salaries
(around 7.5k income tax paid on that). It would be great to do it in a simpler way other than 2 x Form 11s - preliminary tax etc. (why ?) as it seems overkill.

The guideline says something about a 30k threshold versus a 5k threshold non-PAYE ?

Well with €17K rental income then you are chargeable

You should only be submitting one Form 11 for the combined incomes, unless you have opted for Separate Treatment. You should contact Revenue and tell them that you are married.

Do this by competing the Assessable Spouse Election form which will then link your PPSNs in Revenue and then deregister your wife from Income Tax

https://www.revenue.ie/en/life-even...documents/assessable-spouse-election-form.pdf

Thanks for that db74.

We re separate treatment, both salaried in 40% bracket, and Revenue know we re married.

Well to be fair it's your own choice(s) to do 2 F11s rather than one, so you can't blame all your inconvenience on Revenue..!

Back