Who has had BOTOX?

SPUDZ, are you a man or a woman? Just that, like, that would colour my response somewhat...

(Call me old-fashioned! :D )

My GP recommended Botox injections for a recurring nerve/muscle spasm (Torticollis) that I get in my shoulder/neck from time to time especially when under stress, and referred me to a neurologist to see into it. However I thought I'd leave it a while and see how it goes so I haven't followed it up yet or decided whether or not I will. He said that I'd need to get the injections done every 6 months or so as the effect wears off.

I haven't had botox injections but if you want your forehead to look paralyzed for the rest of your life, but all means go for it.

Actually, as I mentioned above, the effects wear off after a few months so if you don't continue to get it done things will revert to normal.

My friend had botox injections a week before xmas last year - one on each side of the eye and one in the centre of her forehead. By St Stephens Day her hair fell out in clumps and she has spent the whole year wearing bandanas and hats. She looks like she has been having chemo. A year later and her hair is finally starting to grow back. She had long hair at the start of all this and now looks like GI Jane (although it suits her!). Shes had an awful year. She had it done by a 'reputable' place in Dublin... just a word of warning...

I have had it done, and had no side effects. It completely wore off after 3 months.

Heheh. Or all those "desperate housewives" with their unmoving foreheads. They look like they are paralyzed from the eyes up - and I suppose they are. Most unnatural looking. Ugly even. Can't fathom why anyone would do this to themselves.

Spudz, there's a huge interest in cosmetic acupuncture right now... after about 6 sessions, the appearance & depth of wrinkles is massively improved. Effects last for quite a bit longer than Botox as well.

see [broken link removed] for more details (I'm not affiliated to them in any way - just have been for general acupuncture sessions there and found him excellent).

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recent tests have shown Virginia’s advanced treatment protocol to be more effective at reversing the signs of aging than botox. Out of 300 cases treated with Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture, 90% had marked effects with one course of treatment. Added benefits include enhanced well being, improved muscle tone and increased collagen production. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cosmetic Acupuncture may erase as many as five to fifteen years from the face, with results apparent after just a few treatments. Fine lines may be entirely eliminated and deeper wrinkles diminished. Bags around the neck and eyes can be firmed, sagging reduced, puffiness eliminated, droopy eyelids lifted and double chins minimized.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Other likely results include: moisturizing of the skin with increased local circulation of blood and lymph to the face. Increased collagen production, muscle tone, and dermal contraction; tightening of the pores; brightening of the eyes; improving of hormonal balance to help acne; reduction of stress evident in the face -- bringing out the innate Beauty and Radiance of an individual.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Generally a complete treatment program consists of 12 sessions. Following the initial course of treatment, maintenance sessions can prolong the results for five to ten years. The Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture program also includes herbal and nutritional supplements, custom Aromatherapy blends for the skin and dietary advice.
[/font]

Back