who can use laser card for transactions..

S

stingey

Can a person (wife) other than the person named on the laser card (husband) use that card in a shop for a pin transaction?

If you want to spread the joy, just post your PIN.

Chip n' PIN means that all you need now is the PIN for the card and off you go - no id, no signature, no phone calls.

I guess the retailer could refuse, especially if they look at the name on the card.

E.g. if 'John' presents a card that is in the name of 'Mary' well 'John' is clearly not 'Mary' (transgender issues aside....)

I think if the pin is entered correctly its very unlikely that a shop will check the name

I check names but have never refused a card so long as the pin was entered. Not technically correct but we tend to know most of our customers. I also use my husbands card in Tesco etc. and it's never been mentioned..mostly because I put the card in the machine myself...and if I use his card at my own place of work I wouldn't bother to argue the point with myself

If you read the T & C of your laser card it should state that you should not disclose your pin no to a third party. The card should only be used by the account holder.
A retailer would be quite within their rights to refuse even if the pin is known.