Who can I complain to about the ESB: €800 overcharged.

C

caryatnid

Hi, I have an issue with the ESB who owe me in access of 800e due to overcharging. I am trying to get this refund for many months now, and have also cancelled my account with them. Please does anyone know who I can complain to to get my money? I cannot find anything online so far.

Kind Regards.

Re: Who can I complain to about the ESB

Thanks, I've sent a mail to [email protected], and if I can find anyone else to complain to, I will post here.

[broken link removed] [broken link removed]

[broken link removed] [broken link removed]
Thanks - I've mailed the Regulator and the ESB complaints process doesn't seem to work at all for me. I've been communicating with them quite literally for months, I have clearly been overcharged, the account shut down, as far as I can see the reason I haven't received the cheque has been due to plain laziness. That's why I feel I need the help of a higher authority.

They are answerable to no-one, much like most state agencies

the esb are a total nightmare to deal with whether its on a building site ,in a meeting or as a domestic customer.most of the employees (not all) are heavily unionisied and will exercise their right to make life difficult for anyone who crosses them!They have to be handled like eggs

I can confirm their call centre is a nightmare to deal with.

I have found the ESB call centre to be one of the better ones, but maybe I've just been lucky the few times I rang them. 1850 372 372 is worth a try, if you get a fairly decent person they should sort you out. Don't attack them, appeal to their better nature and tell them you want to nail this issue once and for all.

I have found the ESB call centre to be one of the better ones, but maybe I've just been lucky the few times I rang them. 1850 372 372 is worth a try, if you get a fairly decent person they should sort you out. Don't attack them, appeal to their better nature and tell them you want to nail this issue once and for all.
in other words handle them like eggs

Hi, I have an issue with the ESB who owe me in access of 800e due to overcharging. I am trying to get this refund for many months now, and have also cancelled my account with them. Please does anyone know who I can complain to to get my money? I cannot find anything online so far.

Kind Regards.

Does your closing bill say €800 due to you? If you don't have that, then you've got hard battle to fight.

if your last bill says 800 credit then send a bill telling them they have 30 days to pays or you will be charging them interest per day

Does your closing bill say €800 due to you? If you don't have that, then you've got hard battle to fight.
Hi - yes it does. When I talk to them there is no issue agreeing that I am owed the money - I have the issue actually getting the cheque.

i'd actually mail a local TD or councillor and get them on the case! some can be very helpful!

Back