Who actually pays for the fuel in the hose pipe ?

with respect to a delivery driver changing fuels between deliveries I knwo that what they do is change over fuels about 100lt (from memory) before the end of delivery. They then have a fuel line full of the correct fuel for the next delivery. This is what the delivery driver did at my house.

I do wonder what he does if you are the first delivery of the day?

Presumably this problem is faced by ordinary motorists every day at the petrol pump? TKK has explained it well for the situation where there is only one type of fuel.

But is poor Mercman vulnerable to being shortchanged if they have a multifuel hose pipe?

If you read my post again you will see that I covered that as well. In the case where the wrong fuel is in the hosepipe it is replaced by the correct fuel prior to the meter being cleared for the customer delivery.

I repeat - there is no way to empty the hosepipe on an oil truck without removing it from the truck.

with respect to a delivery driver changing fuels between deliveries I knwo that what they do is change over fuels about 100lt (from memory) before the end of delivery. They then have a fuel line full of the correct fuel for the next delivery. This is what the delivery driver did at my house.

I do wonder what he does if you are the first delivery of the day?

He changes it before leaving the depot.

Back