WhiteFace at World Cup

What an absolutely brilliant game , heart stopping drama and great performances all round particularly by Messi and Mbappe.
That why it’s truly THE beautiful game .

A WC can be useful anytime!

But what a match yesterday, out-standing display, by the players. The "afters" were too long and too complicated. Golden Boot, Balon D'Or, Young Player, Golden Glove were allocated to the correct recipients in my view, but why make them all go around twice? Heartbreaking for Mbpape, four goals in a world cup final, Golden Boot of the tournament and loses the match. An amazing young talent, just like MacAllister and all the other young men who left everything out on that field today. As for Messi, Modric, etc it was a privilege to see them.

What a final. Brilliant for Messi and Argentina and heartbreak for France. It was a privilege to see Messi and Modric . It was also a good tournament for Morocco. Will there ever be a player as good as Messi ?.Will there ever be a final as good as this one ?

Last edited:
Declan Lynch of the Sindo made some silly point about the Qataris banning alcohol at the stadia except for corporates. This was a purely pragmatic decision which resulted in a tournament not marred by anti-social behaviour as had become all to common at major soccer tournaments. It is DL who is the ideologue on this - if there is to a be a ban on alcohol it should apply to everyone in his book. Qatar has shown how a WC should be run though I am not sure how they managed a "best final ever" - goes to show money can buy anything.

Declan Lynch of the Sindo made some silly point about the Qataris banning alcohol at the stadia except for corporates. This was a purely pragmatic decision which resulted in a tournament not marred by anti-social behaviour as had become all to common at major soccer tournaments. It is DL who is the ideologue on this - if there is to a be a ban on alcohol it should apply to everyone in his book. Qatar has shown how a WC should be run though I am not sure how they managed a "best final ever" - goes to show money can buy anything.
I sincerely doubt that the lack of alcohol in the stadiums had anything to do with it. Entirely to do with the type of supporters who made it to Qatar.

What anti social behaviour was there in Japan-Korea 2002? Was alcohol allowed in stadiums then?

I sincerely doubt that the lack of alcohol in the stadiums had anything to do with it. Entirely to do with the type of supporters who made it to Qatar.

What anti social behaviour was there in Japan-Korea 2002? Was alcohol allowed in stadiums then?
Very little crime or theft, no fan trouble, very few arrests. It turns out it’s the gays who cause all the trouble.

And don't forget it was the Japanese who cleaned up the stadiums after every match that they were playing at.

Back