Whinging

Would there be a particular aisle or part of the supermarket that's better than others for dreaming about Hugh Laurie ? ;).

(PS I always tot the groceries VAT incl only but I do bag them into whether they are 0%, 13.5% or 21.5%. :D )
Best laugh today. I confer thee Graham_07 M.OCD :p

People in the southern counties of this country who have inflated ego's and expect impossible high earnings to feed their ego's and have the nerve to tell normal everyday human being's that its un- patriotic to shop in the North - you guys priced your self out of the market, so tuff- so glad we live on the border and wish Donegal was part of NI, with nice normal people!

Women who hold up the Q while they look for their purse.

Women who ask the checkout girl if they want the 51c and then go looking for it in the bottom of the bag.

Have the bloody purse out and be ready to hand the money over!
People who still use cash at checkouts. Some people even still use cheques!

People who still use cash at checkouts. Some people even still use cheques!
Cash is much quicker than having to put your PIN in for a card.

But I do hate it when I buy a shirt etc., and it has all of those labels for size and make etc at the back of the neck. The first thing I do is cut them off.

Cash is much quicker than having to put your PIN in for a card.
Maybe if you have the exact amount of cash ready.

I find card much quicker than routing around for cash and waiting for change to counted and given. It's only four digits.

But I do hate it when I buy a shirt etc., and it has all of those labels for size and make etc at the back of the neck. The first thing I do is cut them off.
Me too - this is a fairly fundamental design flaw. Why don't they put all labels where you're not going to feel them chafing against your skin?

People who wish they were from Dublin ;)

People, who move from one part of the country to another, live there for 20 years, raise a family there etc but spend their time moaning about it and talking up the place they are from originally. (We all know this is about Cork people living in Dublin but I don’t want to be too obvious).

Same for the girls but our labels are slightly softer :)

People, who move from one part of the country to another, live there for 20 years, raise a family there etc but spend their time moaning about it and talking up the place they are from originally. (We all know this is about Cork people living in Dublin but I don’t want to be too obvious).

Ah, yes, our noble diaspora. They may have left the Utopian land of their birth, but they will always know that nothing can ever compare to life on De Banks.

Cork.............. where the grass is always greener and where the Beamish is always blacker! :)

People in the southern counties of this country who have inflated ego's and expect impossible high earnings to feed their ego's and have the nerve to tell normal everyday human being's that its un- patriotic to shop in the North - you guys priced your self out of the market, so tuff- so glad we live on the border and wish Donegal was part of NI, with nice normal people!
:D

Indeed, patriotism = partitionism in the makeitupasyougoalong world of free state politics!

Got 15 cans of Harp for £8.99 at the weekend in belfast by the way, you can't beat that with a big stick!:p

People who don't/can't realise the tremendous efforts Corkonians make in civilising the Pale
Bad drivers, especially people who drive cars that are too poweful for them and especially the muppets who were driving a convoy of 4x4s outside Roscrea on Stephens Day and nearly ran me off the road
Gombeen politics in Ireland, as per the M9 opening fiasco a couple of weeks back

I would whinge about the fact that I have been living with approx a week of intermittent water supply and the occasional power cut up here in Donegal.

Its a real pain and although I appreciate the weather has played a part, how useless is this country at dealing with a little bit of cold? Sometimes I wonder how the likes of Norway, Finland, Canada etc deal with weather that is much more extreme and much longer than our snaps (which are usually only a few days)? Could we not go and see how they deal with it all? They don't seem to grind to a halt.

Sometimes I wonder how the likes of Norway, Finland, Canada etc deal with weather that is much more extreme and much longer than our snaps (which are usually only a few days)?

Could we not go and see how they deal with it all?

They don't seem to grind to a halt.

We could ... but be prepared for people whinging here about junkets!

Have had ZERO fresh water from my taps in the last 48hrs !!!:mad:

Thats with a newborn in the house, so damn inconvenient trying to make feeds etc.

And cisterns won't fill up, and shower not working.

Modern Ireland, eh?:rolleyes: Banana Republic more like.

I'll tell you what I would whinge about. We have a load of wannabe yuppie, breakfast-roll brigade dopes who had it good for years and now that the economy is going through a low they think that they should have the quality of life that they have got used to.

These guys never experienced recession and think that the recession should pass them by. The rest of us are used to ups and downs and get on with the job. But, no the Breakfast Roll Brigade want us to take their hit.

End of Whinge

Back