Which w(h)ine?

macnas said:
Does anyone know of a site where you could get an opinion/review on wines?

The helpful AAM members might be interested in offering their opinions on wines if you were to suggest one or two.... purely from a research point of view of course *hic*

PS Which wine are you wondering about?

Not at all - I'm actually, right now, drinking an Australian Shiraz that's just like my ideal woman: cheap and cheerful. I just thought that the original poster wanted opinions on wine.

ClubMan said:
Not at all - I'm actually, right now, drinking an Australian Shiraz that's just like my ideal woman: cheap and cheerful. I just thought that the original poster wanted opinions on wine.
Cheap and cheerful? I hope she knows you have such a high opinion of her :D
My recommendation for today - St. Emilion :)

The best named wine?...................................................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................

...........................>

Buzet! Lovely

Im a big fan of italian wines, Chiantis and wines from Piemonte, nebbiolo and barolo, though barolos can be expensive (if you ever see them on offer I think they are good investment or great gift) but from the same region barbera d'alba and nebbiolo are great too, though Im not crazy about barbera d'asti.

Here is wine question, recently when on holidays in australia I got to go to Barossa and Claire valleys to taste wine and they were fabulous (definitely agree regarding Shiraz clubman). I tasted while there, a black sparkling shiraz. In australia they usually drink it in summer as dessert wine or as an apperitivi (its not too sweet). Has anyone seen these in dublin? I found one in the sunday times wine club but they dont ship to dublin. Anyone seen them?

thanks
cas.
(I have posted this request on wineclub.ie)

I found one in the sunday times wine club but they dont ship to dublin.

Are you sure? I was a member until a couple of years ago and regularly had wine delivered to Kerry, so I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem to get a delivery in Dublin.

I rang their customer care number and that was what I was told but I emailed them too and got an email this morning saying I can join the irish sunday times wine club, so it looks like Ill be able to order it.

Hi Casiopea, I got a sparkling Shiraz by Seppelt in Oddbins at Christmas. They said they usually just get it in for the festive season though, so it might not be in stock at the moment.
The guy in the shop said that it was great with a big dirty fry for brunch! I got it for my father though, so I haven't tried it out.

Gnash

I stopped buying from the Sunday Times wine club because of the poor value once you convert from Sterling. Although I never had any complaint about quality or delivery. And I still order the odd case as a present - although the last time I did so was just under a year ago and was for a relative in the UK, so I wasnt sure if delivery had changed here in Ireland.

I saw a sparkling Shiraz from Wyndham Estate in Mc Hugh's off-licence on Kilbarrack Road this weekend. I think it was 16.95.

Back