Which solid fuel heat range?

K

K3AAK

Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been reading some very good info so far.
I have just moved to a large 4 bed bungalow currently have oil but want to install a solid fuel range cooker that will heat 15 radiators, allow me to cook and have hot water.
I have done some research but would like honest opions from people like you that has tried and tested various models. I have been looking at the rayburn355SFW but this does not heat the amount of rads that I have got.My house is L shaped and over 2000(think 2400) sq foot floor space.
I work from home so would be able to keep it stocked with fuel also I have got over an acre of trees for logs.
Please help me choose the best make and model!!!

have a stanley superstar 2001 model (although bought in 2003 as shop demo model saved 2k) one with glass door on oven (fantastic for checking on food), think new ones have full solid door as issues with glass cracking but after 6 years using it never had one issue.. have cream one...fantastic for heating water and house. we only burn turf. have electric cooker that plan to take out whenever upgrading worktops as never used, accept rings for frying as frying very splashy on the range.

UpDate: just found the superstar has been renamed The Donnard.

Thank you very much for that, how lucky are you to have turf, I live in UK I did had the lixury of using turf 20 years ago!! It has to be logs and coal for me I'm afraid!! How many rads does it heat for you? I guess you are at home all day as I would be to keep it stocked up with fuel. Do you have any other heating system in your house?
I did some research today on that stanley donard it said 12 rads??

Back