Which printer to buy?

babydays

My trusty brother printer has given up the ghost.

Need to get another printer but I remember that the real question seems to be which printer ink isn't too costly.

Am looking for a multi printer (can scan and copy) but mainly for printing. Not huge amounts.

Looking for bluetooth/wifi - basically one not needing cables.

Have a budget of €70 - €100.....

Does anyone have suggestions as to what would be the best for my money?

I have an Epson iprint printer at home that works off wifi. Cost about €60.

For home printers of that type, the cartridges are always going to be expensive. That's where they make their money.

steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

I have a HP Envy 5532 which cost €99 and works off wifi or USB.

Works fine.

Just read the review of this Cannon Pixma earlier. Good review and cheap running costs, has automatic duplex and WiFi support. I have an older model Pixma and have never had a problem with it.

My old Brother DCP195C packed it in and I bought a J132W which does the job whilst not being as sturdy as 195C.

Having managed to set up the new one to print wirelessly, are there security issues to consider? Could my documents be readable/printable to other users?

Having managed to set up the new one to print wirelessly, are there security issues to consider? Could my documents be readable/printable to other users?

Possible, varies from printer to printer. Good overview here. I've looked through the manual for that printer, but it doesn't address security at all.

Back