Which NYC airport?

orka

Which NYC airport would people recommend for easiest access to Manhattan (midtown)? I will be flying from within the US so can choose JFK, LaGuardia or Newark. Do any of these have decent Heathrow Express-type transport into Manhattan? Thanks.

Which NYC airport would people recommend for easiest access to Manhattan (midtown)? I will be flying from within the US so can choose JFK, LaGuardia or Newark. Do any of these have decent Heathrow Express-type transport into Manhattan? Thanks.

Newark and LaGuardia are closest. To be honest, best bet is to get a taxi. Fixed fare from Newark usually about $35 I think. Metered from LaGuardia but would probably cost the same. Fixed fare to JFK is $45. I have never used to LaGuardia so can't really say

Newark has a train that isn't bad. Not worth getting one from JFK (even though have heard it has got better since I was last there).

Neward seemed a good bit out, in NJ, I would go with La Guardia, although I flew into JFK and had no problems. If you search some websites you can prebook a taxi.

La Guardia all the way and try to get a seat on the right hand side of the plane, the view of the Manhattan skyline is amazing, way better than the helicopter ride we took!

Been to JFK and Newark but LaGuardia is the closest to Manhattan, NEwark is in New Jersey. taxi into NYC would be my advice.

Colm, there were four others plus ourselves (we were the 2nd drop off), we used the same again for our return booked by the hotel and there were 3 people in mini bus when we were picked up and then another lady was picked up. We found it very handy.

Hi NHG, how do you do that? Is it a special arrangement of some sort, or you just picked up people at the airport/hotel who wanted to share?

lots of shared shuttle things you can google.

Never had a problem with just a regular taxi (fixed fare) from JFK...there is something great about going over the bridge into manhattan

Hi NHG, how do you do that? Is it a special arrangement of some sort, or you just picked up people at the airport/hotel who wanted to share?
Just go to Ground Transportation in the Arrivals area and they will arrange everything for you , show you where to wait (only a few mins) then the driver will come in and get you. The driver will plan his route depending on how many passengers/drops he has and will give you contact details if you want to book a return to the airport. Excellent service http://www.supershuttle.com/ Use the code "UYR59" to get $3 discount per passenger.

Back