Which mortgage lenders don't deal with brokers

Stephen101

I used a broker. He got approval with Pepper. The rate is 3.95% and I can do better and they charge a .5% arrangement fee. Questions are
1. Which lenders should I approach on my own ie. lenders that don't deal with a broker. On another forum it was suggested BOI and Ulster Bank don't deal with brokers.
2. Is it risky to take a mortgage with Pepper. Could they increase the rate significantly given they dont have the reputation to protect like maybe AIB or BOI do.
Thanks in advance.

What are your personal circumstances? Why would you consider Pepper if you can go via a main stream bank

I would ask the broker what banks/institutions did they approach, and which ones were willing to engage, and which ones did not and the reason for it?

Once you get this off the Broker, its easy to know which banks to approach directly or via a different broker!

I'm considering Pepper because that was the only lender my broker could secure a mortgage with. I have an existing mortgage and there is some negative equity on that property which I don't want to sell so its not easy getting a second mortgage.

Try your own lender first if they are still lending.

The best deal is available from EBS. They operate through brokers but they don't offer the best deals via brokers.

Although from the brief details you have given, it sounds like Pepper will be the only lender.

Why do you not want to sell your existing property? I doubt it's worth keeping if it's going to cost you 3.95% to borrow money elsewhere. Most lenders do negative equity mortgages now and that is most likely to be the best option for you.

Brendan

Back