Which Medical Insurer? 1st time Single 47 yo in good health non smoker non drinker.

That really is a question only you can answer, as it's your policy at the end of the day, so it needs to be a policy you're happy with.

That said, if the price of plans with every medical cover is around the same as plans without, and you're happy with the price and the other benefits offered, then I don't think it's any harm to include the cover.

At this stage though, if you're finding all the different options confusing (and you're probably not the first person to think so!), it's no harm to just focus on getting good hospital cover in place first. You can add the everyday cover later on, either as a separate add on, or by moving to a plan that offers this cover. There are currently no waiting periods for this cover for people under 55, so you don't have to sort that one out right now.

There are currently no waiting periods for this cover for people under 55, so you don't have to sort that one out right now.

Under 50 for VHI Healthsteps Silver & Gold not 55.

26 weeks waiting period for those from 50-54.

...just want to ask you i only ever go to my gp once a year so what do you think about this one : Do you want to see plans with or without cover for everyday medical expenses, such as visiting your GP or alternative practitioner?

If you don't feel the need for the cover, then there is little point in paying for it. But as Novaflare said, do a quote with both options, if there's little in the price difference,take the one with the cover. So for example, if the difference in price is 200.00 per year, and the cost of 1 trip to the GP is €50.00, you are paying for cover you don't need. It would be cheaper to get inpatient cover only, and not bother with the extra's. From your earlier posts it sounds like this is what you were looking for anyway.

Back