Which is cheaper - Credit Card or Cirrus ATM Card?

Cels13

Hello,

Forgive me if there is a thread already on the aforementioned title but I've tried using the Search but keep getting the "Error Code 64: Host not available" page.

We'll be going to Wales next week and we're wondering, which is the cheapest option to use - credit card or ATM/Laser card with Cirrus logo?

Thx all.

CC cash advances will probably be costly especially if interest applies from the date of withdrawal in addition to any non € foreign exchange margin and possible transaction charges.

CC cash withdrawals from an account preloaded with cash may be the most cost effective. You will pay a foreign exchange margin of c. 1.75%+ on non € transactions. You may or may not pay other charges.

See [broken link removed] for summary details of various cards' charges in these contexts or check with your CC provider for details of your card's charges. Foreign exchange margins are charged in addition to these for non € transacitons.

Not sure if Cirrus charges are standard across banks but [broken link removed]. Check with your own bank to be sure of what you will be charged.

BOI charge on Cirrus is 3.5% also, with min charge of €3.17 when in a different currency zone.

I suggest you pre-load cr card & then the cash advance fee won't apply or alternatively buy some Stg before you go - better exchange rate in Ireland - for ready cash & use your cr card for all purchases & dining etc.

Back