Which is better - an overdraft with AIB or a credit card from them?

L

looperman

I have been for nearly 8 years now and wages are paid in every week from work. My question is which is better an overdraft with AIB or a credit card from them. I would ideally like the credit card so i can book flights and make online purchases. I would like advice if at all possible.
I have no savings and no debt with AIB.
I have another credit card that the debt is nearly wiped out on, and i want to get rid of it.

Why go into debt? Use a pay-as-you-go Visa Credit card like 3v. Go to 3v.ie for details.

Welcome to AAM, looperman. I've edited your title for clarity, but please read the .

Have you seen about Neteller and other prepaid MasterCards?

They will cost you less than either an overdraft or a standard credit card, and save you paying the credit card handling fees charged by Ryanair, etc.

Thanks Dr Moriaty, appreciate it. Could have been clearer before. I have heard about the prepaid cards alright. Are they good for everything these days? Ryanair, komplett, pixmania, amazon etc or are they only certain sites that they cover? That would be my main concern really, using one of them.

The one I have can be used anywhere that accepts MasterCard. Have a read [broken link removed].

Bear in mind that it's a prepaid card, so you can only spend funds you've lodged in advance to your account.

No connection other than as a (so far) satisfied customer.

Back