Which energy supplier has best rate for microgeneration?

I just saw an add on Facebook about feed in rates. (From some random solar company). SSE 14 cent, pinergy 13.5, Energia 8 TBC (they will probably increase this), electric Ireland 14, Bord Gais 18, Flogas 20. Not sure how accurate these are

I got an email from Electric Ireland an hour ago to say that I am eligible but otherwise just saying that payment will be before the end of 2022. I wonder what happens if you sell the house in the interim, does the buyer get the backdated credit?
Thanks, I received a message from EI today. About time, you would be forgiven for forgetting there is an energy war underway!

Flogas emailed about it last week. Its effective from 15th Feb and will be backdated. 'Export tariff' 0.185 (ex Vat) 0.20 (inc vat at 9%). Thats higher than I had expected. Payments (credit to electric account) will start from 31st Oct and will be credited on a 'regular basis'.
Hi Got one of those letters looks like they are paying the highest feedback also my contract was up with them so was about to switch However FG when I foned them offered a 230e credit and their best rate per unit I think for me its better to take the credit rather than the cheaper unit rate as with the SP 4.2KW it works out cheaper Over the summer the my bill is more tax than unit charge Thanks

Article in the Journal lists all the Microgeneration rates
Flogas top the list with 20 cent per KWh "guaranteed until March 2023".
Suppliercent per kilowatt hour
Energia18
Electric Ireland14
Bord Gáis18.5
SSE Airtricity14
Pinergy13.5
Panda Power?
FloGas20
Prepay Power14
EcoPower14
Arden Energy17.5

Will the feed in tariff be linked to the retail cost? Or will it be static while the retail cost rises?

Electric Ireland say the money will be backdated to Feb 2022, what if you switched from electric Ireland this month do you still qualify for the funds to be backdated.

My latest bill has been raised and microgeneration is supposedly on it (I can’t see it yet as for some reason bord Gáis take 24 hours to turn it into a pdf)

I’m curious to see how much it will be as it’s supposedly backdated to Feb 22

Has anyone received a microgeneration payment from their supplier yet?

If so it would be useful to know details of people system as well as what amount was actually exported.

My solar app tells me that for 2022 I had an annual yield of 2.33mwh which earned 419 euro

2023 to date is 490kw/88 euro

Presume that’s total generated, not exported.

Do we have to rely on ESB networks to determine how much was exported?

I have 8 panel system with hot water diverter and zappi charger for cars so I am assuming with these on my system I’m probably exporting very little

My app was showing me slightly inaccurate information so I signed up for an ESB Networks account and downloaded all of the info from there.

You'll get a CSV file of all of your power contribution to the grid and should then be able to use the spreadsheet to figure out exactly how much you should be paid for 2022.

My app was showing me slightly inaccurate information so I signed up for an ESB Networks account and downloaded all of the info from there.

You'll get a CSV file of all of your power contribution to the grid and should then be able to use the spreadsheet to figure out exactly how much you should be paid for 2022.
Thanks for that. That’s really useful

Looking at Pinergy site today looks like 25cebt to me .

Best I can see at the moment.

https://pinergy.ie/clean-export-guarantee/

Pinergy MicroGen Scheme​

If you have Solar Panels on your roof or even a wind turbine in your garden, then you should be talking to us.

With Pinergy MicroGen we will be rewarding our customers who sign up to the plan with a 25c (ex VAT) payment per kWh exported that they sell back to us during 2023.

This is clean renewable electricity you are probably not using today and you can give back to the Electricity Grid for others to use

Oh rust bucket, not the best, but year on year are you using less electricity from the grid and more of your home grown energy?

Just downloaded bill. €167.47 microgeneration payment on it. That’s supposedly for 1 year backdated @ 18c per KW
Double check. I remember reading here that the reports from ESB are for KW half hours so need to be divided by two. Which would line up with your payment of 80 vs 160 reported

Double check. I remember reading here that the reports from ESB are for KW half hours so need to be divided by two. Which would line up with your payment of 80 vs 160 reported
The payment I received was 160 (that’s for Feb 22 to Feb 23)
The amount generated from panels year to date is about 80 euro but that total generated value not feed in

Oh rust bucket, not the best, but year on year are you using less electricity from the grid and more of your home grown energy?
I havnt done that analysis yet but would be very confident we use more from the grid

For the most part during the day when the panels are active it is probably heating water or charging cars. If cars are fully charged or not plugged in and water is above x degrees it puts excess to the grid

Hi flyingfolly. How far back will your data allow you select. Mine will not go earlier than Oct 22 which will not give me the full feb 22-Feb 23 data

Two questions.
1) The SSE and Energia micro generation price of €0.24/kWh, is this excluding VAT?
2) When changing supplier, how is the exported kWh's handled from a billing perspective at the date of switch?

Back