Which direction do you think USD\EUR will go in next 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbh2930

I have savings held in a USD account which I expect to need back into EUR by mid-summer or autumn at the latest). But I'm struggling to understand what direction the EUR/USD rate is moving in?

Up? Down? Relatively static?

Am I better off converting it into an Irish Savings account now (e.g. Rabo) or wait until the summer? Which is less risky?

I don't think there is a person alive that will be able to answer that question. many will try but they will only be guessing.

If I was in your position, I would divide the total by 6 (or whatever number of months there are until you need the cash in Euro) and convert this amount each month.

This will spread the exchange risk over the period.

The essence of currency trading is that the rate is a compromise between the expectations of expert people who expect a rise and the the expectations of expert people who expect a fall. So the risk is already built into the price, and neither side is less risky.... unless you know something that the experts do not know!!

Loads of them & they will all give good advice, much of it contradictory. Didn't we habe loads of "experts" telling us that the Irish Economy was one of the strongest in Europe :D

Well I know loads of them and if you check [broken link removed] site you will see where to find them. It's very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back