Which Diesel car?

Green

I want to change car and as my mileage has increased to approx 16k a year I am looking to get a diesel, I would like any recommendation for a diesel between 1.6 and 2 litres. Might have around 7k to spend..Had looked at Mondoes but can't afford newer 07 onwards range with lower tax. Also, what mpg can i expect? thanks

I sold my 03 1.9TDI (150bhp) Golf last month.
I was getting 54-57 mpg out of it.

But is it big enough for you? I'm sure it is.

wouldnt take a vw if i got it for nothing,piles of crap.well from 06 upwards anyway....

I drive a Ford Focus 1.6TDCi, and its quality.

Only thing is, its a 2010, so no idea what an older model might be like.

Have a petrol golf, 10 years old. Thinking of getting a diesel. Based cars I took for a test drive, I was thinking a new golf diesel or Skoda Octavia. Anyone got any opinions on these? I believe the electrics etc in the Skoda are tried and tested and may be a more reliable car than the Golf.

Anyone got any opinions on these? I believe the electrics etc in the Skoda are tried and tested and may be a more reliable car than the Golf.

They'll both get you from A to B. The electrics will be identical as they are both VAG.

Both cars are very reliable but have a look at the boot space in the octavia, no comparison:)

Back