Which Cooker ?

Renter27

Hi I hope this is the right forum, I'm oven & hob shopping at the moment , and i'm not familiar with the brands and which ones are good, which ones to stay away from .
Tonight i looked at Beko , Belling, Samsung and a few others .
Any recommendations please ?

Thank you

Hi there,

I have a Belling Cooker and I would recommend it. I have it about four and a half years and touch wood, I haven't had any trouble from it.

Good luck with the shopping.

Have a cheap beko for 2yrs now but never again, something burnt out at back of it and door leaks, but Belling are very good, don't know about newer makes around, like samsung, etc, Zanussi was supposed to be excellent too.

When you find a cooker you like, before purchasing, get the model number and do a google search, under say, 'Belling 3454H reviews' and see what that throws up.

I also have a Belling cooker about 2 years and am very pleased with it. I recently got a Whirlpool glass touch-sensitive hob and am delighted with it.

Get an oven with pyraclean feature - you will never have to scrub an oven with those horrible toxic cleaners again. It turns all grease to ash which just needs to be wiped over with a damp cloth. Worth the extra you might pay for it. I got a zanusi some years ago but lot of the better branks will have this feature.

Thanks everyone , ill concentrate on belling or zanussi so , and i definately like the sound of that pyraclean ! Cheers everyone:)

Hiya,
Not an expert on cookers, but our 14month Beko dishwasher went up in smoke ( literally - big plumes of dark smoke pouring out of the control panel at the front) just a couple of days before Christmas, so I would be very wary about buying that brand. Luckily we were up at the time - normally put it on when heading to bed.

Good luck with your choice!

Would definitely agree with the pyro clean option which we have with De Dietrich.

I found Discount Electric to be great for advice on cookers.

There are many previous threads on this subject also. I would avoid Beko as have heard a lot of bad reports about their stuff.

Bought a Beko about six years ago. Both of the front plates have bits where the metal corroded. This I first noticed a couple of years ago. Also there is conduction of heat ie. if just one plate is on full for a length of time, the other plates warm enough to be uncomfortable to the touch. Oven fine but grill was never too good. It was never harshly treated. Was cheap and this must be the price you pay.

Hiya,
Not an expert on cookers, but our 14month Beko dishwasher went up in smoke ( literally - big plumes of dark smoke pouring out of the control panel at the front) just a couple of days before Christmas, so I would be very wary about buying that brand. Luckily we were up at the time - normally put it on when heading to bed.

I heard, (can't remember where) that dishwashers are one of the number one causes of house fires. Very dangerous especially as you say most people put them on before going to bed.

In terms of cookers, I have a belling stainless steel cookcentre - like a modern range - and I find it brilliant. Unfortunately doesn't have pyraclean. But it's 8 or 9 years old so maybe the new models do? It certainly sounds worthwhile; I hate the smell of those oven cleaners and always worry they will taint food cooked in the oven afterwards. I end up putting the oven on with nothing in it a couple of times after cleaning to disperse the odour/taste before cooking again.

A.

[broken link removed]

Might be worth taking a look at this link. It shows some cookers that are being recalled since Oct 09. Belling and Beko are some of the ranges.

Cheers veron01, theyre gas cookers ill be going electric but its still good to know.

Beko seem to be cheap for a reason , at home we have a Beko fridge freezer just over 2 years and it tends to turn itself on & off , all the lights remain on etc it must be a problem with the thermostat or something .

The pyroclean option seems very expensive but i hate the oven cleaner fumes too so i might invest in one of those !

We have an 8 year old Zanussi electric oven and get it cleaned professionally every 2 years or so (I cook a lot, so it's necessary!). The pyrolytic option wasn't available at the time, but if we had to replace the oven, this would be top of my list!

We have a Bosch 5 burner gas hod; a Bosch Multifunction microwave /grill/fan oven and a Bosch Multifunction oven as the other one without the microwave.
Excellent kit but relatively expensive when we bought it 3 years ago at about £1500.

We have an 8 year old Zanussi electric oven and get it cleaned professionally every 2 years or so (I cook a lot, so it's necessary!). The pyrolytic option wasn't available at the time, but if we had to replace the oven, this would be top of my list!

Funnily enough, before I had my current 8 year old belling - see post above- we had a zanussi free standing cooker which we had for 10 years. Gave it to mother in law as a temporary measure when we bought the new one as hers was on the blink. She changed it this year for a newer looking one but it was still working perfectly 18 + years from purchase!

Minimum distance required is 685mm but cooker is 550mm. I'm getting rid off old cooker which is 550mm and just fit's into a space with a few millimetre's either side. Would I be ok fitting this new cooker? I have never had problem's with old cooker fitted in between two cabinets. Is Minimum distance required just to cover the manufacturer's from a potential claim?

In what direction is that minimum distance? I'm guessing it's above the rings.
Leo

Could anybody please clarify the meaning of minimum distance required in relation to free standing cooker's please? See above link.

Anybody know can you switch off the red LED clock display on the Zanussi ZCV550MWC Cooker? It say's you press + and - button's together but this does not work? It is to save energy.

Back