Which central heating is best

Delta

Hi, just purchased a small 2 bed townhouse. There is no natural gas in the area, at the moment the house is heated with 4 large cylinders of gas. Any advice of what would be better. Dont want to go down Oil route. Would appreciate any feedback.

I'd look at
1. Air source heat pump
2. LNG options
3. Wood pellet boilers and stoves

or just stick with the bottles. are they cost effective?

Hi, phoned Flogas, and was told their gas is two and half times more expensive than natural gas :eek:
Now checking out stoves with back boilers. Had a look at wood pellet stoves, but very expensive.
So all bad news.

Thats about 10cent per kWh, which is still cheaper than oil and electricity.

i'd look at a air source heat pump and a small stove combination. particularly if you have a small place, and if its pretty air tight and well insulated.

i dnt think an air source heat pump is suitable for a small 2 bed. It is more suited to underfloor heating. Also problem locating heatpump in a small house. Gas is very effecient
Other wise fantastic system

As your gas appears to be expensive it may be a good idea to opt for a stove/boiler system of heating. These stoves once lit can be kept ticking over all day giving plenty of heating and hot water.
Make sure to employ the services of a time served registered plumber with a past catalogue of similar installations. Stores selling stoves have very little experience in relation to the actual stove/heating installations.

Hi, thanks for replies. Have had two plumbers look at system, ideally would like to have one system that is fairly instant and then boiler stove for evenings or weekends.
One plumber said we can run both, the other said it could not be done. So dont know where I am.

Back