Which Broker for Beginner Investor?

Thargor

Ive read the stickies but tbh I still dont have a clue, whats the cheapest broker for someone who wants to:

- Trade online with instant(or near-instant) execution if you want to buy/sell
- Invest 15-20k
- Only make 3-4 trades a year or less
- Monitor stocks online

Sharewatch seems to be the main recommendation but it charges €60 a year on top of its fees and I think that might make it expensive for someone in my position? But then again it comes with free Crest membership so I dont know, Im a bit of a beginner. So far Im looking at Sharewatch, Keytrade or Renaissance Financial Markets, can anyone give me some advice please?

www.odlmarkets.com a UK based online broker - call them and check their rates for yourself, they deal online in Irish, UK, US, European equities & ETFs etc online as well as over the phone and take Euro transfers

Thargor

Which Markets do you plan to trade in? UK, US, Asian, European or maybe a mix? Renaissance Financial Markets have a comparison of Online dealing costs on their site [broken link removed] and a comparison of Telephone dealing rates [broken link removed] . Their rates are some of the lowest around. Keytrade and ODL securities will cost you more given your profile of 15-20k and 3 trades etc. If you just plan to trade US stocks, you could look at the US brokers instead. Their rates always sound very appealing but always dig a little deeper and see if they are the solution for you. It may be the case you want to trade european shares too. So some of these US brokers aren't the answer. hope this helps

Back