Which benefits should we be getting from Department of Social Welfare?

fahrenheit16

Hello all,
We kindly would like to get information about me(non-eu citizen - eu family member) and my wife(eu citizen), earning nearly 3500eu total income. And we pay rent 1500 nearly we have 2300 spendings every month. Is there any social benefit that we may apply for we have no children. What do you suggest? My wife working full time, I am part time
Thank you

Is there any social benefit that we may apply for

If you are renting in Ireland and paying tax here, there is to be a newly introduced rent tax credit:

It could be worth €1,000 per annum to your household (€500 to you and €500 to your wife) for the years 2022 to 2025 inclusive.

I understand that some of the details are still a bit up in the air:

but you should make a claim for this if you are eligible.

You could apply for a medical card. Your application will be considered for GP card also

Im not familiar with HAP but you should check that out

If working part time, you or spouse may be able to sign on certain days. I dont know how that works but I've seen it referred to as Xs and Os.

As mentiined aboce check iut citizens advice

Can we get any HAP scheme with this earning? Advise pls

That depends where in the country you are living.

Download this and check it out: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/04c69-social-housing-support-table-of-income-limits/

Note that to get HAP you MUST be on your Local Authority's Housing List.

So you start off by applying to be put on that list. Read about how to do that here:

But note the following:

"If you are a foreign national, you must have a legal right to remain in the State on a long-term basis. Detailed rules on access to social housing supports for non-Irish nationals are contained in Circular Housing 41/2012 (pdf). "

As you were advised in post #3, your best move would be to contact your local Citizens Information Office or call CIPs at 0818 074 000. This is a free service.

Back