Which banks have approved qualifications on title recently?

Moccork

Hello, we are sale agreed on our first home since May 2021, pregnant with second child due in June, and stuck because Bank of Ireland point blank have refused to a approve a qualification on title for a minor boundary issue (most likely a mapping error, could go property registry route but wait times too long).

Given BOI have declined, can I ask what other banks have approved your qualification on title in the last year or so? I’d like to understand what it takes to get this approved, and whether some banks are more open to it.

Tired from house buying - it’s such a perseverance challenge!

Thanks!

I encountered a boundary issue when selling my house last year and I employed a surveyor and solicitor to resolve the issue. Rectification of boundary was required which required a new map being drawn up and paperwork signed to assign part of another folio to my folio. Thankfully, I had contact details for previous owner, whose family owned the land in the next folio, and he appreciated that it was a mapping error (as the physical boundary was clear and the mapping was not accurate), so there was no issue having that signed etc . As seller, I had to cover all costs in relation to this. Once the paperwork was lodged that was sufficient in order to sell the property. As you mention the update itself could take months but once the paperwork is submitted that should be fine.

What does your solicitor say in relation to this item? Can seller go down the rectification of boundary route?
Previously I heard that BoI/ AIB tend to be more agreeable to qualification of title issues than other lenders (eg Avant), however if it's a boundary issue rather than minor planning issue, if BoI have refused, it's possible AIB would also. Once the solicitor is made aware of the boundary issue, they have a duty of care to notify the lender is my understanding.

Back