Which banks are granting mortgages at the moment??

M

marypop123

Does anyone know which bank is actually still lending?? I already have a mortgage and have a decent credit rating. However i applied for a mortgage today with the bank and they said it wasn't looking good. My mortgage is 150 currently and i am looking for 225...does anyone know which banks are actually still lending?

try KBC or NIB. Suspect that you will only get them based on strong level of equity contribution from yourself. i.e. LTV less than 70% and strong repayment capacity even under stressed interest rates. There's been plenty of similar threads to this topic already so search AAM

We got a mortgage from BOI in the last few months, so they are definitely lending. We also got loan letter from AIB and EBS but for much smaller amounts (probably 6 months ago).

We had good savings (over 20% of the house value). BOI gave us the full amount we asked for.

I got a mortgage approval with BOI in November (the morning after the IMF deal was announced) and they reviewed and issued it again in February/March. AIB has said no straight away
I am a contract worker in IT, but I did have a 30% deposit. I know without the deposit, I would not have stood a chance..

Back